An entrepreneurial technology strategist and business leader with a successful track record of identifying, founding, and building multiple new medical ventures with substantial return on investment.
Strong entrepreneurial leader; as co-founder and/or CEO of multiple medical start-up companies including medical imaging company Sensant Corp, successfully acquired and integrated with Siemens Healthcare; critical care company SonarMed; and optical diagnostics startup American BioOptics with a successful sale of certain assets to a global medical device company.
Ability to identify and execute new business ventures and create substantial shareholder value through a strong vision of how new technologies create business opportunities and the timely, efficient execution of product realization and market development. Significant expertise in developing deep relationships with leading clinicians and conducting multi-center clinical trials. Track record of development and successful execution of European (CE) and US (FDA) regulatory clearance and reimbursement strategies, including the development of new CPT coding for medical devices. Successful M&A experience negotiating multiple transactions with global healthcare companies.
General Management of companies with high technology products and systems in the Medical Imaging, Medical Software, Critical Care, and Medical Device sectors.
- General management of technology and medical ventures
- Leadership of new business development and product management of highly complex electronic, computer, and software products
- Business Development, Strategic planning and execution: Marketing, Innovation, Product Management, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, and Finance.
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Industries: Healthcare, medical devices, medical diagnostics, semiconductors, integrated electronics and systems.